Battery Relocation?

More
19 Dec 2017 08:24 #776336 by Repsol69
Battery Relocation? was created by Repsol69
Where do these guys relocate the battery to??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 Dec 2017 08:44 #776337 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Battery Relocation?
I relocated my to the trash can. (Recycling center, actually).

I put the capacitor and other electronics under the seat.

You can also hide it between the frame rails under the seat if you get a really small, flat battery.
This is mid-build, but once we painted the brackets black and cleaned things up a bit, the battery was not very noticeable even though it is not hidden. A small, flat battery would have been invisible between the frame rails. The seat pan arches up so you get a pretty good amount of room under there, like maybe an inch and a half, maybe more if you really push it. Someone would have to crouch down to see underneath.

Attachments:

More
20 Dec 2017 06:09 - 20 Dec 2017 06:12 #776396 by k1z947060
Replied by k1z947060 on topic Battery Relocation?
When I built my bike I originally had the battery in a battery box mounted under the swingarm, connected to the center stand frame rail by p clamps. Then I decided to relocated everything, I mounted the rectifier and key ignition under my custom seat/seat pan, and the rectifier is 95% hidden from view unless you look up into the seat, the regulator is now above the coil.

I modified my custom seat and the really small battery I have is tucked away into the front of the seat, sort of under the back of the gas tank. It's all completely hidden from view.

Also - I talked to the guy with the third bike down. He customized the undersized of his gas tank and has all of his electronics tucked under the tank. I asked him about heat buildup, and he said that in the hot weather of summer-time Spain and 6 months on the bike he hadn't had any issues.

1976 KZ400
Last edit: 20 Dec 2017 06:12 by k1z947060.

More
20 Dec 2017 17:39 #776437 by Repsol69
Replied by Repsol69 on topic Battery Relocation?
WOW,,,,Thanx for the info..do u have contact info for that guy with the third bike..Black one right?? I love to see a pic of how he did that..

More
21 Dec 2017 07:40 #776457 by k1z947060
Replied by k1z947060 on topic Battery Relocation?
The third bike is on instagram as "kooltcreations."

Modifying the gas tank to hide the electronics under the tank is a huge amount of work. I'd recommend doing like my current setup. Took a bit to shave the seat foam away correctly, but the other pieces were a breeze to place on the bike.

1976 KZ400