80 KZ550 pics needed

More
30 Sep 2017 06:05 #772027 by Dempsey
80 KZ550 pics needed was created by Dempsey
I have this 1980 KZ550 that is being pieced back together and need some experienced folks to guide me on reassembly.

I could use a few pics of the top, left, and right side of the battery box when the side panels are removed. I'm not exactly sure how the electrical pieces in there get attached and wire routing. Can anyone PM me on this? I have a Clymers manual but the pics are horrible. Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Oct 2017 08:37 #772092 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic 80 KZ550 pics needed
Sorry I don't have any pics. But you may want to mention if you have the "A" standard model, or the "C" Ltd model. They are probably different since the A has points and the C has electronic ignition.

I believe the regulator mounts under the battery. There a few other small brackets in addition to the battery box.

In my signature, you can find several other manuals. You might be able to get some clues from them.

More
01 Oct 2017 16:08 #772135 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic 80 KZ550 pics needed
The manual should have photos. usually not the greatest, but they should help get some of the stuff sorted, so that figuring out the rest shouldn't be too difficult. there are only so many ways that stuff can be installed. The parts diagrams at Partzilla may be useful.

This may not be much help, but on my 81 650, the igniter is kind of hidden behind the fuse box & the voltage regulator is bolted to the underside of the battery box.