Right Hand Controls

• dave_centre13
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
28 Sep 2017 14:26 #771946 by dave_centre13
Right Hand Controls was created by dave_centre13
My main fuse keeps blowing on my 79 z650b. After banging my head against a wall for too long, I decided to take if for 1 more spin before I gave up and pushed it into the tall grass. I made a discovery when the ignition was on, but the engine was off. I twisted and muscled around the throttle and revealed that if I held in a certain spot for long enough, my indicator lights would dim and ultimately turn off when the fuse went. I would rather not try to find a replacement control assembly, rather, my new Idea is to create a bypass for the kill switch and headlight. Being a kick only bike, I am not concerned about the electric start switch. I would like to know if anyone has experienced a similar problem, or had success with aftermarket switches for this application. My aftermarket clip-ons are powder coated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Sep 2017 15:26 - 28 Sep 2017 15:27 #771947 by Nessism
Replied by Nessism on topic Right Hand Controls
The RH hand control wiring/switch is about as simple as it comes. Instead of monkeying with the wiring you might want to take the switch apart and fix the problem.
Last edit: 28 Sep 2017 15:27 by Nessism.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SWest, old_kaw, dave_centre13

More
28 Sep 2017 20:16 #771958 by old_kaw
Replied by old_kaw on topic Right Hand Controls

Nessism wrote: The RH hand control wiring/switch is about as simple as it comes. Instead of monkeying with the wiring you might want to take the switch apart and fix the problem.

Nessism is right.. if you are capable of bypassing all that, you are capable of actually fixing the problem / intermittent short.

1981 Kawasaki Kz1000K1
Located in the Saint Louis, Missouri Area.