Electronic Ignitio

More
06 Jul 2017 18:05 #766275 by Polarity32
Electronic Ignitio was created by Polarity32
Evening...
New to the board here... I was wondering if anyone here had seen , used or had an opinion on the C5 electronic ignition kit (link below). I have recently acquired a 74 kz400 and need some spark.. Is this worth the $$ ? I dont mind spending some as I got the bike for a song .. Im thinking it may be easier to dial in and better in the long run than fooling with the OEM system ?? Im sure i could be wrong though ..... Thoughts ?

Chad

www.c5ignitions.com/motorcycle-ignitions.html

74 KZ400 , scrambler, cafe project,,, ?? (not sure yet..)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jul 2017 04:48 #766292 by TwoCam
Replied by TwoCam on topic Electronic Ignitio
my KZ1000 has a Dyna ignition system, has a date on it from 1978......never had an issue...food for thought?
by the way...love the vacuum tube for your profile pic.!! looks like a 12AX7.....
The following user(s) said Thank You: GPz550D1, Polarity32

More
07 Jul 2017 05:40 #766296 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Electronic Ignitio
Dynatek doesn't list anything specifically for the KZ400, whereas C5 Performance does & it's made in USA. :)

I don't know anything about the C5, but my guess is that it operates on the same principle as the Martek optical LED ignition system. Someone over at the KZ650.Info site said he's been running a 1st gen martek for years & swapping it between motorcycles. I'd guess the C5 is good, but that's just a guess.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TwoCam, Polarity32