Wiring Harness for New single headlight

• STotten
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
04 May 2017 16:12 #761193 by STotten
Hi Everyone,

Another question because this forum is great with answers.
Picked up a KZ1000 that had the front fairing removed for paint. I bought it disassembled. I decided to not put the front fairing back on, so I am working on wiring in a headlight. Unfortunately, the harness that connects the cop fairing to the square connector doesn't seem to be sending power to the headlight socket.

Does anyone know which wires I can slice from that connector to wire in a headlight?

Thank you for Southern California,

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 May 2017 22:35 - 05 May 2017 04:58 #761225 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic Wiring Harness for New single headlight
What year is the motorcycle? Do you have a wiring diagram or manual? multimeter?

There's probably a 10A headlight fuse in the main fuse box.
I would make certain the fuse is good & test for power at various points using a digital multimeter.

Does the fairing harness have a black 3-prong connector for the headlight?
The headlight wire colors are probably red/yellow, red/black & black/yellow (ground wire).
But I would avoid hacking up the wire harnesses, and instead, use a meter to check for power.
Last edit: 05 May 2017 04:58 by martin_csr.

• STotten
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
08 May 2017 10:54 #761475 by STotten
Replied by STotten on topic Wiring Harness for New single headlight

martin_csr wrote: What year is the motorcycle? Do you have a wiring diagram or manual? multimeter?

There's probably a 10A headlight fuse in the main fuse box.
I would make certain the fuse is good & test for power at various points using a digital multimeter.

Does the fairing harness have a black 3-prong connector for the headlight?
The headlight wire colors are probably red/yellow, red/black & black/yellow (ground wire).
But I would avoid hacking up the wire harnesses, and instead, use a meter to check for power.

The bike is a 2000. I don't have a diagram but I have been using a multi-meter. You are right in the colors that go to the headlight connector plug, but when using the multi-meter, those wires don't have power going to them. Which is why I need an alternative. There are several wires that do have a decent power flow, but when I connect the harness, those wires don't go anywhere. I will keep working on it.