For those using an m-unit - Voltage behavior

More
03 May 2017 10:39 #761073 by slc-kz
I'm hoping some of you out there using an m-unit might be able to help me out. I'm 99% done with my 82KZ750 LTD build but I'm having an issue. Initially my (stock reg/rec) crapped out and was overcharging the system . I was running the brown wire appropriately to the AUX output, yellows to yellows, black to ground and red/white to connection are starter sol. The system was overcharging so I swapped out to a newer reg/rec from Z1 that eliminates the brown wire. Since then i'm getting a great charge but getting a really odd behavior from the m-unit.

When increasing revs (and voltage) with the headlight off one of two things happens when I hit about 14.5 V - either the start INPUT flickers as if i'm tapping the starter button or the right turn signal turns on until I lower revs. It makes me think I'm still getting less than ideal flow somewhere because it's similar to how the unit will dissipate power to the horn/headlight if it's trying to protect the battery from the charging system. I did some searching and only came across this discussion which isn't the same issue - www.kzrider.com/forum/4-electrical/60403...ectifier-info#761068

All this to say, does anyone with a solid understanding of wiring and possibly m-units know what could cause the issue. Just trying to figure out if I killed the m-unit or battery in some possible way. Any help is appreciated and I can hopefully add a wiring diagram tonight when I swing by the shop where we are troubleshooting everything.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
03 May 2017 10:41 #761074 by slc-kz
Also I very much apologize for this showing up in the engine discussion I'll move it over to the electric section.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.