Some of you might have seen my other topic in the build section. I'm doing a cafe racer build on my '81 kz500.
In the process, I've relocated most of the electrics to a freshly built tray that will sit under my new seat. In doing so, I've shortened some wires, and lengthened others. All joints have been done properly with twisted wires, solder and heat shrink. All in all, I've removed all ignition components from the bike, done some mods on the bike, and then mounted it all back. But somehow in the process, I've lost my spark. The bike ran fine before I started tearing it apart. The only thing I've removed is the side stand killswitch.
Wiring: The stand killswitch had 4 wires. 2 black, 1 blue/white, 1 orange/green. With the two black connected to eachother on the bike side of the connector, the starter engages and engine turn over, no spark. With the two disconnected, nothing happens when you push the start button.
The blue/white; orange/green cables are not connected to anything, engine turns over. If I connect them to eachother, engine turns over. With the two connected, black cables disconnected, nothing happens.
These two wires run into a small square box with no markings that is not present on my wiring diagram. It has 4 wires in total. The other two are a black and a yellow from the pickup coils. See attached photo. switch. If I use my ohm meter on the cables, I get current through both the yellow and the black wire when measured at the two connectors.
The orange/green cable runs all the way up to the left handcontrols to a switch named "side stand". This is as I've read used to bypass the killswitch. Can't find any wire leading back from it.
I have 12V on both ignition coils.
I also did some measuring on the IC igniter. Battery connected, ignition on. If i disconnect the black/yellow/red/blue connector I've got 12v on all 4 pins coming out of the igniter. On the other connector, I've got 12V on the green/black and yellow/red.
I'm checking for spark by holding spark plug to a bare metal spot on the head. Have tried using starting fluid with no result.