Spark Plug Options

• Kray-Z
  • User
  • I need more power Scotty....
More
13 Aug 2016 14:27 #738553 by Kray-Z
Replied by Kray-Z on topic Spark Plug Options

daveo wrote:

Patton wrote: Reminds of the fishing lures for sale that are designed more to catch the fisherman than the fish. :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

You know, that's what 1/10 of fishermen think... ;)

Maybe, but I'm a fishing fanatic as much as I have to admit I own too many bikes, but I don't deny the facts....

When my friend asked me what makes a good fishing lure, I replied "it has to have the right colors and shape, so it can attract the fisherman at the fishing store".

2-04 R1, 81 CSR1000, 81 LTD1000, 2-83 GPz1100, 3-79CBX, 81 CBX, 3-XS650, 84 Venture, +parts
Quote "speed costs money...how fast do you want to go?" (Which Z movie?)
Universal formula for how many motorcycles one should own = n + 1, where n is how many motorcycles you own right now....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Aug 2016 15:13 #738562 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Spark Plug Options
I have to laugh at the big ole speed boats with fishing gear in them. :laugh: It's like fishing with your back to the sun. The fish can see you're there. :lol:
Steve

• SWest
  • Sustaining Member
  • 10 22 2014
More
13 Aug 2016 15:28 #738563 by SWest
Replied by SWest on topic Spark Plug Options
I read an article from the 70's. It told about how Honda used ND plugs. They wouldn't work in the Kaws. It went on to say, Honda coils produced a "fatter" spark. They made the Hot U to address that issue, I've run NGK's as long as I've been riding. I tried the Champion Copper cores but found out their heat ranges are different. In 13 Bossie was burning a lot of oil. Bad valve guide seals. They would foul out right off. I had a couple Bosh platinum plugs so I used them on the worst cylindres. I also had some Split Fire plugs I used on the others. I found new ones on eBay and bought them. The crush gaskets would fall off when removed. I'd ride about 400 miles before they would foul but the Bosh's would fire covered with carbon. I did a valve job and have been running NGK's since. No issues. B)
Steve