83 Kawasaki 750 csr twin

More
13 Jul 2016 09:14 #734773 by Jacob360
83 Kawasaki 750 csr twin was created by Jacob360
Hello everybody, I'm new to the biking scene and just purchased a 83 Kawasaki. It's in great shape, has 1200 miles on it. But it doesn't run. The guy I bought it off of said it had a short in it and that the bike won't star due to that issue, when I got it home I charged the battery hooked it up and tried to turn it over but one of my fuses keeps blowing, would that be due to the short or is there another issue? And if possible does anybody know what fuses go into the fuse box? Just so I know I'm getting the right ones. Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jul 2016 10:11 - 13 Jul 2016 10:17 #734782 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic 83 Kawasaki 750 csr twin
The fuse blowing is probably a short. Most KZs have a 20A main fuse & a couple of 10A fuses. The fuse box will have info embossed into it. MAIN 20A. HEAD 10A . TAIL 10A. or something like that. There may also be an accessory fuse box w 10A fuses & typically not used. You'll probably need either AGC (1/4x1-1/4") or AGX (1/4x1") fuses. I forget which type are in the main fuse box.

In no particular order I would check the battery connections & wires. starter solenoid (magnetic switch) & starter motor cable from the solenoid. handlebar control switch. ignition switch. wire harness, particularly at the steering head as the wires there get stressed from turning the handlebars. wiring inside the headlight bucket.
Last edit: 13 Jul 2016 10:17 by martin_csr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.