Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC:

No Spark 19 Apr 2019 12:21 #802425

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829

oldie wrote: .................. I'm not entirely sure which model in the wiring schematics include that apply to my specific model?

Take a look at the frame near the steering stem just below where the handlebars mount to the bike. There should be a label there that will have the exact model printed on it. If the label is there or even if it is missing the model should be stamped into the steering neck near the label or near where the label should be. The wiring diagrams in the Kawasaki Service Manuals show which specific model they are for. Ed
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by 650ed.

No Spark 19 Apr 2019 15:23 #802434

• oldie
  • oldie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi ed, I have but it really doesn't match with anything I've seen actual vin shows 12/81 and below the actual vin # in brackets (KZ250M).
Haven't seen any such denoations in any printed material tet that indicate a 250M?
Just finished checking coil, primary side 3.5 ohm, secondary side 11.6 k ohm. Gettin 11.6 volts to primary side when ignition on, even using just soark plug wire with olug sticknin ut or just coil wire held against motor still no fire whrn cranking. However I tried continuity of spark plug cap as well as resistance nuttin on either score. But still should see spark from plug wire utself bare wire held close to motor but still nuttin.
I replace the pickup coil witb a replacenwnt local bike shop sold me evrn check residtsnce of that and gettin something like 500ohm, old one 0 ohms so dunno yet stumped.

No Spark 19 Apr 2019 17:17 #802442

• 650ed
  • User
  • Thank you received: 2829
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationThe KZ250-M is a documented model. Below are a couple examples where the M model is mentioned. Ed

www.partsnmore.com/parts/kawasaki/kz250m/
1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

No Spark 20 Apr 2019 14:58 #802485

• oldie
  • oldie's Avatar Topic Author
  • User
  • Thank you received: 1
Thx, Ed, I sent a message to the seller on ebay to see the back cover so I can get the part number

• Page: