Where should I look for issues

• mackinnon0909
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
10 Apr 2016 10:25 #720193 by mackinnon0909
Where should I look for issues was created by mackinnon0909
My battery was dead this spring so I jumped it with my vehicle but when I took the cables off, all my lights started flashing and flickering and went out. Almost all my lights got burnt out and I replaced them all but my Neutral cluster light, High beam cluster light, and Head light (high and low beam) are still out (head light is the only bulb I haven't replaced). All the other lights work fine now, just not sure where to start looking for issues with these ones.

1978 kz650sr D1

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Apr 2016 10:49 #720197 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Where should I look for issues

mackinnon0909 wrote: My battery was dead this spring so I jumped it with my vehicle but when I took the cables off, all my lights started flashing and flickering and went out. Almost all my lights got burnt out and I replaced them all but my Neutral cluster light, High beam cluster light, and Head light (high and low beam) are still out (head light is the only bulb I haven't replaced). All the other lights work fine now, just not sure where to start looking for issues with these ones.

1978 kz650sr D1

I'm not an electrical expert but I would start probing for power at light bulb sockets and work my way back. You may have to do some testing at the handle bar switches also. A colored wiring schematic is extremely helpful here.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
10 Apr 2016 16:17 #720222 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Where should I look for issues
Please say you did not jump it from another vehicle whose engine was running. :huh: Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)