Unknown switch function

More
31 Mar 2016 11:53 #718525 by GPzMOD750
Replied by GPzMOD750 on topic Unknown switch function

missionkz wrote: It's also totally illegal to flash your brights or headlights at oncoming traffic in some States!!

.... because it's a common speed trap warning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Mar 2016 13:19 #718537 by MDZ1rider
Replied by MDZ1rider on topic Unknown switch function
The flashing high beam I was talking about was when overtaking slower traffic from the rear, not flashing on-coming traffic. In Europe it is quite acceptable and most will allow you to pass at the first opportunity. It's a safety thing with the higher speed limits. In the States, it will get you "I'm in the fast lane doing the speed limit...F off!". Attitudes and driving courtesy are completely different. Even where it's legal to lane split, there's an a-hole who will throw open their door or cut over just so a bike can't get ahead. If I'm in my car stuck in traffic, everyone has to be stuck in traffic. I've never understood that mentality. I was amazed watching the traffic in Paris. The cars stop 30 feet back at a Red light. The motorcycles all file to the front and line up in that space. Car drivers don't get mad. They actually encourage it. They know the bikes are not going to hold them up when the light turns green. On a busy street, it's like watching a group drag race at every light.

More
31 Mar 2016 13:52 #718543 by Kidkawie
Replied by Kidkawie on topic Unknown switch function

Ferd_Berfal wrote: So I've got a '75 KZ400, and most of the controls are easy to understand but there is this mystery hole labeled ON-PO-OFF Was this even a button? It just seems to go to a rusty bracket of sorts inside.

You can restore those switch housings. I did the ones on my Z1. Some of the internal parts like that switch your missing can be found on Ebay searching using the part number.

If they are real bad you may consider finding a decent used set.

1975 Z1 900
1994 KX250 Supermoto
2004 KX125

More
02 Apr 2016 12:24 - 02 Apr 2016 12:39 #718912 by car5car
Replied by car5car on topic Unknown switch function
PO means "pilot operation". Do not fly your bike if you don't have a pilot license.

96 Yamaha Royal Star
82 Yamaha Virago 920
Last edit: 02 Apr 2016 12:39 by car5car.