1976 KZ750 B1

More
04 Mar 2016 13:39 #713823 by jburns078
1976 KZ750 B1 was created by jburns078
New guy to the forum dealing with a total rewire on this bike I acquired. I have read through several of the posts regarding the separate regulator and rectifier on the B1 and still having a little trouble wrapping my mind around it. I have a yellow/Brown/Green wire coming out from the generator. It came with a Shindengen SH522-12, that has a crack on it and wiring that looks to be fried. I also have an aftermarket one here that has two yellow wires, black wire and red wire. From what I have read this unit will not work with the early B1/B2. I have read that OregonMotorcycleParts.com has a unit that will work for these models and looked at it on their website. Would like to make what I have work if I could. It is kick only and only the basic wiring will be used. Thank you in advance for any help/advice given.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Mar 2016 19:56 #716652 by rsilva
Replied by rsilva on topic 1976 KZ750 B1
I have a 78' KZ650 B2 and had similar issues. I ended ripping the entire harness out of the bike and replacing every wire and connection. it cost me $150.00 and took me 3 days to fix. but it solved all my wiring problems. I had to buy a new rectifier and it had very different colored wires, so I contacted the manufacturer and asked them for the best course of action. I had to change a connector, but it worked.
The generator also needed replacement, I had a similar issue like the rectifier. contact the manufacturer and find out the designation for the red wire. i would assume that black is ground, but check the wiring diagram. Best of luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.