Electrical gremlins kz1000p

• Sacramento-kzp
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
15 Feb 2016 08:35 #710776 by Sacramento-kzp
Electrical gremlins kz1000p was created by Sacramento-kzp
Hey guys my 1989 kz1000p is giving me some trouble thought I'd reach out for a little advise I did some searching on the fourm and found some good info but I was hoping to get some more specific information on my bike.
So I picked this bike up about a month ago not running I drained the tank cleaned the air filter and she fired right up went for a ride around the block everything seemed to be functioning.
Last weekend I went out to start it, it cranked over for 3-5 seconds realized the choke wasn't on so I pulled it out hit the starter again and it just clicks, so I checked the battery it's good pulled out the main fuse dropped it f@!$ cap popped off.grabbed some fuses yesterday on my way home from work popped um in hit the starter and..... nothing no clicks, nada. I reached down to touch the main fuse make sure it was in tight and it's hot to the touch like really hot. Then I decided to drop the other 30amp fuse that I didn't break in the first slot and it will click but not crank and it doesn't get hot, put the new one back in no click gets hot? Wtf mate???
I'm gonna clean the fuse clips see if that changes anything.
Anybody got some advise on where to start testing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.