Bad Stator?

• johnjones750csr
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
06 Oct 2014 10:18 #649825 by johnjones750csr
Bad Stator? was created by johnjones750csr
Hello everyone,

I have an 82 750csr twin. I noticed the battery going dead quite often, not while riding it just over the course of a couple of days. The battery is pretty new so I knew it couldn't be that. So I started digging into things. The battery is not charging. I only have like 11.5 volts at the battery after it's been running for a while. So I started checking other things. Coming from the Stator (2 yellow wires) I have like 13v AC, while the bike is running. I also checked the resistance which is .4ohm across the two yellow wires. I believe the spec is .32ohm. So it doesn't appear that the stator has any shorts in it. But could it still be bad? I read somewhere that the flywheel magnets could be bad as well. How on earth do I figure out which one it is? They are both kind of expensive parts and I dont really want to replace things that don't need replacing. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Oct 2014 10:38 #649827 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Bad Stator?
Take a look in your Kawasaki Service Manual. It contains detailed instructions on how to check the charging system components. Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.