Stereo System?

• 79MKII
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Love Them Kaws!
More
01 Jul 2014 09:25 #638574 by 79MKII
Replied by 79MKII on topic Stereo System?
Interesting...I just read a review last night on one of Garmin's motorcycle specific navigation systems. This new one automatically pairs up with your cell phone and you can even dial and answer using the large Garmin touch screen. It also has a tire pressure monitoring system option.

I wouldn't mind the speakers if I had a larger motorcycle or a large fairing but I'm trying to keep the KZ kind of sporty looking, even though this one will be my tourer. Great idea with your Gold Wing, by the way.

The Kaw List:
Current: 79 KZ1000 A3 MKII, 78 KZ1000 A2, 78 KZ1000 Z1-R, 78 KZ650 SR, 80 KE175
Former: 03 KLX400SR, 99 ZRX1000, 82 KZ750 LTD, 80 KZ1000 A4 MKII, 80 KZ1000 LTD, 78 KZ1000 A2, 74 H-2 750 Triple, 78 KL250

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Jul 2014 10:21 #638580 by jakedude
Replied by jakedude on topic Stereo System?
Okay, so I'm using what I have and what I'm used to. It is however kind of old school. If you have a smart phone I think you could just use a navigator app, a radio app or Pandora and a bluetooth headset in your helmet. If you want to use your phone you will need a headset with a mic. You may need to find a handle bar mount for your smartphone. Don't forget to bring your chargers on trips.

For me, I still think I would have problems with the volume since I also use earplugs. My guess is that any Bluetooth headset maker will limit the volume to avoid ear damage litigation.

Nothing lasts, nothing is finished, and nothing is perfect.

More
01 Jul 2014 11:00 #638581 by djturnz
Replied by djturnz on topic Stereo System?
The size of the speakers is why I decided not to install it.

jakedude: You can get ear plugs with a built in "ear bud". It's those molded ones they sell at bike shows and gun shows. The pour goo in your ear and it sets up as perfect custom ear plugs. They can also embed an earbud or bluetooth device as well.

Surefire makes a bunch of different earplugs, some have the ability to add a listening device. Think "Secret service cord in the ear" thingy.

1982 KZ750 (4) LTD

More
01 Jul 2014 14:16 #638599 by yeekim
Replied by yeekim on topic Stereo System?
Hi!

I have one of the "Made in China" "stereo system" installed on my ride.
Good: it is an alarm too, plays radio, SD and USB
Bad: I have a jumper cable with me all the time :laugh:

When I'm riding, I'd like to hear the surroundings and engine noise( my ride is +30 years-You never know)

greetings

Ex nihilo nihil fit!

More
01 Jul 2014 14:21 #638601 by fordtruck
Replied by fordtruck on topic Stereo System?
I also ride with earplugs and have no trouble hearing the music or phone conversation with the Sena. It's not loud with earplugs in, but still easily heard.

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port