No electric

More
22 Jun 2014 12:56 #637532 by ltdriner
No electric was created by ltdriner
Took the front end off my 1980 kz 1000 LTD. Disconnected the wires from instrument panel to remove it from bike. Put everything back together, turned key, everything lit up but when I hit starter button all I got was a click. The instrument panel would go completely out, when I released starter button it came back on but very dim. Again fooling with the wires the panel lights would come back on full power, but again just a click then dim again. It would kick start, but still did the same with electric start. The Clymer manual I have says on bottom of page 255 "store the meters right side up" ( I didn't do this) " if they are upside down or sideways the instrument fluids will leak and the meters won't work" . I've never noticed any kind of fluid any where around my gauges. There are two connectors One six pin and one nine pin and two single wires. Also when I removed the large cap bolt on the triple clamp there are two washers under it , steering stem head washer and wave washer. I dropped them and the wave washer broke into three pieces. Is the wave washer a must have?? Don't know if even still available. Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.