turn signal issue.

More
15 Jun 2014 13:35 #636727 by asevans
turn signal issue. was created by asevans
Z1r. Got new k&s turn signals. Got the double filament front for running lights. Single for rear.

I plug on the running wire and it lights up no problem. Plug in the flasher wire and the light comes on brighter. So the flasher filament lights up without turning on the flasher switch at the controls. The same thing happens with the rear flashers. When I hit the flasher switch nothing happens. Basically my flashers are all on bit not flashing.

What could this be? Flasher relay?

Thanks
Aaron

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Jun 2014 14:05 #636731 by Topper
Replied by Topper on topic turn signal issue.
That'd be my guess. You mention filaments so I assume these aren't led bulbs, but if they are you'll need a different relay.

Permanent and perpetual noob.

1979 KZ750 Twin
2009 Kawasaki Versys

More
18 Jun 2014 18:54 #637125 by asevans
Replied by asevans on topic turn signal issue.
duh, I guess with the z1r's you got an auto, manual, and another position all the way forward on the turn signal switch. i had the switch all the way forward which i guess turns on all your flashers but they dont blink. anyways i got a new relay this evening and was messing around with it try to think of what it could be and just happen to realize the switch on the control. pushed it back to "M" and wallah. turn signals. front running lights and all is good.
thanks
Aaron

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project