is this ground needed

More
13 Jun 2014 15:41 #636514 by asevans
is this ground needed was created by asevans
Is this ground needed. I got new turn signals for the z1r and new ground washer thingies and don't have a b/y wire to connect to. Noticed I connected these two grounds into what I think is the ground for the turn signals.
Also, my wires for the turn signals have smaller bullet connectors than the ones that came with the new signals. Anybody run into this. I never had signals on this bike. It didn't come with anything turn signal related. I have assembled all the parts off the parts diagram.
Thanks
Aaron

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jun 2014 20:03 #636546 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic is this ground needed
The ground circuits on Kawasaki's are usually BLACK with YELLOW stripe. This company (K & S) sells turn signals that should plug right in to the bullet connectors you've got.
www.kandstech.com/index.php?page=about

I believe they sell only through distributors.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
13 Jun 2014 20:30 #636553 by PLUMMEN
Replied by PLUMMEN on topic is this ground needed
You should be able to ground it inside of headlight bucket under the nut that holds turn signal stem on, just use a electrical connector with big enough ring tp go around the stem under the nut. :)

Still recovering,some days are better than others.

More
14 Jun 2014 06:24 #636589 by asevans
Replied by asevans on topic is this ground needed
Yes, I got the k&s turn signals from Z1E. The rear signals plug right in. Got all the wires and stuff to plug in. But the front. Is strange. The female connctors on the bike are smaller than the nomal size connectors that came with the replacements. I can switch those out. Just thought it was odd.

The ground situation on the front s I don't have a place to plug in the ground. I have got the washer ground thingies but have no b/y wire to plug them into. Was wondering if the washer ground that I took the picture of was needed. The washer is on the top fork clamp on each side . I plugged them into b/y wires behind the headlight. I took the bike totally aart and was missing a few items when I bought it.

Do I need those grounds on the fork clamps pictured? If not I will plug my turn signal ground into the b/y wire there.

Thanks
Aaron

1976 kz900 Mostly stock
1978 Z1-R Project
Attachments: