78' 650 B2 starter button issues

• DoctoRot
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
28 May 2014 23:10 #634393 by DoctoRot
78' 650 B2 starter button issues was created by DoctoRot
I recently bought a Gunson colortune to help me tune my carbs, changed the air screw position and also synced the carbs, seemed like it was running good. I turned it off, put on my gear and went to go for a test ride. I started the bike, it caught for half a second and then it died and now will not start.

I believe it is an electrical issue because my starter button does not work, and my running lights wont turn on, however the neutral light and oil pressure light are on . I checked the fuses they are good. The starter button has been kinda weird ever since I switched handlebars. I think I may have damaged the switch in some way when i was pulling the wires through the new handle bars. Is there a way I can isolate the switch and see if it is the culprit? thoughts?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• DoctoRot
  • Topic Author
  • Sustaining Member
  • Oh, the usual... I bowl, I drive around...
More
30 May 2014 23:16 - 30 May 2014 23:17 #634747 by DoctoRot
Replied by DoctoRot on topic 78' 650 B2 starter button issues
I got some help from the guys over at kz650.info Turns out it was the ground from the right switch housing where it meets the harness under the tank. It was really corroded so I soldered a new bullet connector in. Problem solved B)
Last edit: 30 May 2014 23:17 by DoctoRot.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.