All 4 signals blink at the same time

More
28 May 2014 14:22 #634325 by bofar
I just replaced the stock turn signals and speedo with aftermarket parts. The speedo works great and all dummy lights light up as they should. However, all four of the turn signals blink at the same time when i switch to R or L.
When i first installed them there was no blinking at all, they were all on if i flipped the switch so I got some new signal relays and they blink great. I am really hoping someone can help me troubleshoot this problem, I know very little about electrical.

The reason I mention the speedo is i wonder if i wired the signal lights to the dummy light wrong. Could this crate the problem? i did into the splice from the signal lights to the dummy light to see if it made a difference and it didn't, they all still blinked. I saw on a form that with the new speedo you may need to add a diode to signal wire? could this be causing the problem? if so I'm not too sure how that process works.

Is there possibly a fuse or something that could be out that is causing the issue.

Anyways any help would me much appreciated!

thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 May 2014 14:32 #634329 by Cynjut
Replied by Cynjut on topic All 4 signals blink at the same time
The new speedo probably isn't wired for 4-ways. so you may need to add a pair of diodes to the circuits to allow them to operate the 4-ways and blinkers independently.

When I installed the new flashers on my 1000, I found that they wouldn't work unless the blinkers were on too. If I turned off the 4-ways, the blinkers work as advertised. If I turned off the blinkers, the 4-ways didn't work.

1977 KZ-1000 A1
1982 KZ-1000 M2 Frankenbike
The following user(s) said Thank You: bofar

More
29 May 2014 10:00 #634443 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic All 4 signals blink at the same time
Make sure your blinker switch is wired to the correct relay. If that is not it check your grounds.