1983 kz650 wiring

More
27 May 2014 18:50 #634224 by worior1
1983 kz650 wiring was created by worior1
So i decided to bob out my 83 kz650 that i have sitting in the corner of my shop for about a year now so i had a few questions (never worked on a bike before but have plenty of experience restoring old chevys)

The plan is to keep the original rake and forks with rims, get rid of the bars and guage cluster and put z bars and a mini speedo with all the indicators on it to save room. For the rear end chop it right behind the seat and relocate the shock brackets forward and not hard tailing it.

So i got the bike disassembled to fairly much a rolling frame and was trying to figure out how to stash all the electronics to give it a clean look which leads me to the first question, does anyone have any suggestions?

The second question is are there any ways to upgrade and modernize the wiring and possibly making all of the relays more compact and more reliable. I looked into a generic full chopper wiring harness and completely reviring the bike but those dont have any room for the regulators and rectifier and i would much rather not update the original coils and alternator as that would add a huge expense

Any ideas? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.