Eliminated turn signals.

• Medicontheloose
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 May 2014 10:23 #632840 by Medicontheloose
Eliminated turn signals. was created by Medicontheloose
Quick question for the masses. I've eliminated my front signals on my 80 KZ750E cafe project. Is there any need to do anything other than cover the ends of the open wires?

Thanks in advance.

"That others may live."

1980 KZ750E

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 May 2014 11:28 #632850 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Eliminated turn signals.
I'd suggest getting an electronic flasher relay to replace the stock silver can ones, as the electronic one should compensate for only two turn signal bulb filaments, instead of the 4 you once had. Make sure the electrical "Pins" fit the connector(bring your old one along to compare), as most auto parts stores carry the electronic flasher. To keep corrosion away from the open connectors, get some low temp heatshrink, cut it about 1/2" long, fit it half way down the connector, heat up the tubing, and while still hot, pinch the open end with a pair of pliers. This should seal up the end.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
18 May 2014 17:33 #632878 by kaw-a-holic
Replied by kaw-a-holic on topic Eliminated turn signals.

MFolks wrote: I'd suggest getting an electronic flasher relay to replace the stock silver can ones, as the electronic one should compensate for only two turn signal bulb filaments, instead of the 4 you once had. Make sure the electrical "Pins" fit the connector(bring your old one along to compare), as most auto parts stores carry the electronic flasher. To keep corrosion away from the open connectors, get some low temp heatshrink, cut it about 1/2" long, fit it half way down the connector, heat up the tubing, and while still hot, pinch the open end with a pair of pliers. This should seal up the end.

The LED flasher can be purchased @ Napa. If you want emergency flashers to work I believe you have to replace both flasher units with LED flashers.

Jon
1977 KZ1000a1
Mesa, AZ
Phoenix Fighter Project

More
18 May 2014 21:40 #632902 by fastidiots
Replied by fastidiots on topic Eliminated turn signals.
found this company a while ago... haven't bought from them but planning to get their flasher unit soon.

Bonus that its specifically designed to fit Kawi's!
www.cwswiring.com/Shop.html

82 KZ1000 J
76 KZ750 B1

• Medicontheloose
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
23 May 2014 15:20 #633683 by Medicontheloose
Replied by Medicontheloose on topic Eliminated turn signals.
Awesome. Thanks all for the info.

"That others may live."

1980 KZ750E