zx550-A1. Oil level sensor or oil pressure switch?

More
05 Apr 2014 00:28 #627925 by Hendri5
Hello!

After changing oil, i found out that oil pressure switch dosent work. I followed service manual and decided that it is broken. Got new from ebay, but havnt replaced yet.

Now, after reading more service manuals, it looks that zx550-A1 dosent have oil pressure switch. It has oil level sensor?

So if its really oil level sensor, then it wont work as oil pressuer indicator light on cars? When ignition is on, but engine not running, the oil indicator light dosent have to blink/shine? It just tells if there is enough oil in engine? Nothing about the pressure?

Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Apr 2014 07:40 - 05 Apr 2014 07:43 #627940 by martin_csr
By any chance do you have the owner's manual for the bike? It may describe the functionality of the various indicator & warning lights. If there is no oil level gauge on your meter assy, then there is probably just a warning light.

My 81 650 has an oil pressure switch. A warning light illuminates when the ignition switch is turned ON (engine off), but the warning light is supposed to go off when the engine is started & stay off while the engine is running.
Last edit: 05 Apr 2014 07:43 by martin_csr.

More
05 Apr 2014 10:56 #627964 by loudhvx
The early style 550 motors (Kz550A,C,D) use oil pressure.

The later style (Kz550H,F,M and Zx550A, and probably Zr550B) use a level sensor. I suppose as long as there is enough oil, the light won't come on. You can test it by draining some oil, obviously.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hendri5