Fuse box type??

More
03 Apr 2014 23:51 - 03 Apr 2014 23:53 #627775 by kawiman636
Fuse box type?? was created by kawiman636
I am building a cafe racer from the ground up and I'm wondering what kind of fuse box I would use. I don't know much of anything about wiring so I want to make sure I get the right thing. I have come across some fuse boxes that come with relays and some that don't. I honestly have no idea what a relay is haha. If anyone can give me a quick rundown of how to wire the basics like ignition and lights I would be grateful! All I've ever done was run power from the battery to a switch to whatever needed power lol.

This is the fuse box I was looking at buying. Good choice? All I will have on my bike is headlight, front turn signals, ignition, and rear tailight/turnsignal combo. One more thing that many laugh about is a phone charger haha. Anyway even if I ran all of those on separate fuses that would be 5 fuses and this box has 6.

Blue Sea 5025

Currently riding:2006 Kawasaki 636
Current project: 1980 Kawasaki KZ1000
Last edit: 03 Apr 2014 23:53 by kawiman636.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
04 Apr 2014 06:45 #627800 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Fuse box type??
Blue Sea makes quality products. I ran a Blue Sea 5028 on my GPz as an aux fuse block.. It is similar to the 5025 except it does not have the negative bus, and costs about half as much.
For your application, I suggest the Eastern Beaver PC-8 with a relay and wiring kit. A bit more expensive, but it has all you would need, including unswitched circuits, which the Blue Sea units do not have.
Plus, it is sealed, which the Blue Sea units are not.

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: kawiman636

More
04 Apr 2014 12:25 #627851 by kawiman636
Replied by kawiman636 on topic Fuse box type??

koolaid_kid wrote: Blue Sea makes quality products. I ran a Blue Sea 5028 on my GPz as an aux fuse block.. It is similar to the 5025 except it does not have the negative bus, and costs about half as much.
For your application, I suggest the Eastern Beaver PC-8 with a relay and wiring kit. A bit more expensive, but it has all you would need, including unswitched circuits, which the Blue Sea units do not have.
Plus, it is sealed, which the Blue Sea units are not.

Thank you very much! Thats exactly what I needed to know! I was looking at the Eastern Beaver and thats why I had mentioned the relays, I just needed to know if all that was necessary or not since it is obviously more expensive. It looks like a really good quality product.

Currently riding:2006 Kawasaki 636
Current project: 1980 Kawasaki KZ1000