Battery deal too good to be true?

• pazzadelivery
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
16 Mar 2014 11:53 #625424 by pazzadelivery
Battery deal too good to be true? was created by pazzadelivery
I have a '78 kz750 that needs a new battery. I have been combing the internet for a few days for the best deal on a battery (plus one that I won't have to charge and fill with acid), and I found this:

www.batterystuff.com/powersports-batteri...S.html#reviewsAnchor

Does anyone have experience with this brand of battery or this dealer? The price is so low, I get concerned that the battery is a piece of junk selling for a low price. Any kz750 riders know if this battery is good and fits?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Mar 2014 14:11 #625444 by ramtough_63
Replied by ramtough_63 on topic Battery deal too good to be true?
That's almost half price of what I paid for mine would be worth giving it a shot

1978 KZ1000 A2
Thrown Together To Ride Til Winter
Facebook Page
Free Range Custom Art

1982/83 750R/GPZ
1984 Goldwing 1200 Interstate
1982 Yamahopper QT50
Previous
2 79 HD sporty XLH
02 HD FLSTS Heritage
60's HD Hummer
70's Honda 550 Four
70 Yamaha 100
and various enduros dirtbikes minibikes...

More
16 Mar 2014 14:18 #625447 by lightitup
Replied by lightitup on topic Battery deal too good to be true?
thats where i got my battery from.i would tell you how good it is but i havent had the chance to ride my bike since i got it

81 kz 550 ltd

More
16 Mar 2014 17:22 #625465 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic Battery deal too good to be true?

pazzadelivery wrote: I have a '78 kz750 that needs a new battery. I have been combing the internet for a few days for the best deal on a battery (plus one that I won't have to charge and fill with acid), and I found this:

www.batterystuff.com/powersports-batteri...S.html#reviewsAnchor

Does anyone have experience with this brand of battery or this dealer? The price is so low, I get concerned that the battery is a piece of junk selling for a low price. Any kz750 riders know if this battery is good and fits?

That looks like the one I got for my 79 KZ750. Have run it about 6 months, works great and really spins the starter. No liquid to add, no acid spillage, AGM is the only way to go.

1979 KZ-750 Twin

More
16 Mar 2014 19:13 #625481 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Battery deal too good to be true?
+1 on the Scorpion AGM.

My buddy said that is the only battery to get. I got one. I loved it so much, I got another one. No more acid burping all over the frame. No more drain tube. No more checking water levels.

The last cheapo battery I got only made it a few months... just after the warranty expired, of course.

I have over three years on the first Scorpion, and over two on the second, and both are still going good.

More
17 Mar 2014 06:24 #625521 by fordtruck
Replied by fordtruck on topic Battery deal too good to be true?
I just ordered a Scorpion AGM for my KLR from batterystuff. I just got it so I can't testify to how good it is, but I do know that batterystuff ships fast! I'm looking forward to not having to add water to it every month or so.

'77 KZ1000-MTC 1075 kit. Stage 1 port