Power loss caused by bad pick up coil?

More
30 Mar 2014 08:16 #627088 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Power loss caused by bad pick up coil?
Would assure that all valve clearances are within specs, as loss of power may result from a too tight valve.

Failure of a valve to fully seal when closed may also result from a burned or cracked valve, or a damaged valve seat, or a broken valve spring.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
30 Mar 2014 13:33 #627116 by 300
Replied by 300 on topic Power loss caused by bad pick up coil?
Tnx guys, i have a little update in the problem story: i removed the clutch and it was fine so I installed again, then I removed the carburetor and I did wash it, then put it again and proved the bike, but the problem was still. A little sad and tired I forgot the bike for a couple of days, but yesterday I had to go to hardware store and decided to go riding the bike again,so without trying anithing since the last failed test I sterted the bike and amazingly it runed as good as it used to do , no problem at all, I have not used after that 5 kilometer ride but this makes me think a couple things:
*Can`t be an engine problem or it wont return to work finel so suddenly by itself….. right?
*It should be somthing electrical like apbling suggest an that´s why it works fine some times and some times not without an eviten cause .
I´ll test the bike tomorrow again to see if it still works fine or it is failing again with the same sympthom.
Some new ideas meanwhile guys?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.