Simplified wiring diagram

More
05 Feb 2014 13:36 #621238 by ggaabriell
Replied by ggaabriell on topic Simplified wiring diagram
Hey there, i dunno if you still looking for any diagram, i have a 79 kz750 too, i found this i while ago, very completed mate, very complete.

www.manualedereparatie.info/en/download/...-Service-manual.html

Kiss my girl, Ride my bike, Smile a lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Feb 2014 14:09 #621244 by Schmeck
Replied by Schmeck on topic Simplified wiring diagram
I have a manual with diagrams . It's simplifying things that can become complicated. For example running the neutral wire and oil level wire confuses me .

1979 kz750 twin -Soon to be roadworthy
1988 El250 engine in custom hard tail frame - collecting dust

More
09 Mar 2014 03:42 #624591 by The Banned
Replied by The Banned on topic Simplified wiring diagram
the neutral and oil pressure/level is frame controlled (if you call it that) means i gives frame to the control lights- meaning you give the light +12v and then the sensor give the frame

More
01 Sep 2014 10:01 #645808 by Rockbum
Replied by Rockbum on topic Simplified wiring diagram
Hey there, this is my first post on here. I have a 79 kz750 and want to run without a battery as well, but I want to keep the turn signals and other lights for now. I just want to make sure I could use the magneto joe battery eliminator and would just need to wire in a switch for the headlight. By the way I am trying to brat this bike out, lighten, and simplify it but also keep it somewhat street legal.

More
01 Sep 2014 10:47 #645810 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Simplified wiring diagram
Yes, you should be able to. But to be safe, makes sure all of the lights are off while starting. That is the tail, head, and any marker lights and any other thing that uses electric power. (The brake light shouldn't be on, normally, so it's not a consideration.)

You should also make sure the bike is tuned well, the points are in good shape, and the bike can start in one kick most of the time.

It's all about efficiency. Stock points should work, as should a stock electronic ignition from a later year 750 or 440 twin.

More
01 Sep 2014 11:09 #645811 by Rockbum
Replied by Rockbum on topic Simplified wiring diagram
Thanks loudhvx. My bike runs great! It starts on one kick, usually, and I just had the carbs cleaned and rejetted after installing new pipes and mufflers.
And just ordered the battery eliminator.