wiring HELP!

More
24 Jan 2014 13:07 #619910 by kzwolf
wiring HELP! was created by kzwolf
Hello KZ riders!

I just received a new 'halo' headlamp, and a new 'bullet tail light, and I decided to lose some of the excess wiring, after going through and tracing what i could identify that was not need, no blinkers, no gauges, the left hand controls are dropped, I've found someone else has already tampered with it, so some are different colors than in my manual, it's an 83' KZ 750H(ltd), I've been looking into 'simple cafe racer wiring diagrams, but since i do have some of the original wires still hooked up, and not making a totally new custom wiring harness, they only partially apply. I'm wiring a three way 10amp switch to go from hi to lo, and wanted the 'halo' led's to come on as running lights, as of now, I can only get them to work when i plug one into an extra brown wire from the ignition, from the ignition side, not the battery side. Any advice on wiring this bad boy up would be crucial b/c i'm as far as i can go, the bike DOES FIRE UP, so all that is good, i'm just stumped on wiring these lights back into the loop. . . any and all help is greatly appreciated! thanks y'all!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.