Help finding a light socket

More
10 Jan 2014 20:13 #618195 by Shdwdrgn
Help finding a light socket was created by Shdwdrgn
I bought some aftermarket blinkers that I like the size and shape of, however they are single-filament bulbs. I have some room to work in them, so I am considering two options... 1) I can drill out the formed socket and replace it with something for a dual-filament bulb. 2) I can add some LED's as running lights.

#2 is probably an easier solution to fabricate, but #1 may be a better long-term solution. The problem right now is that I'm not too familiar with light bulb sockets, so I could use some help identifying what the dual-filament version would be. The existing bulb is labeled as (E8) 3A9. If anyone can point me to the right socket style, and/or link me to any good sites that carry replacement sockets, I would appreciate it.

1981 KZ1000-JK1
She's a beautiful mess, and I've made her all mine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Jan 2014 09:07 #618225 by koolaid_kid
Replied by koolaid_kid on topic Help finding a light socket
I could not find a bulb with that label on it. Is there anything else? Is it a standard diameter base>

1983 GPz 750
810 Wiseco, Kerker, K&N, DynoJet S3, Accel, Progressive, etc.

More
11 Jan 2014 09:29 #618227 by Shdwdrgn
Replied by Shdwdrgn on topic Help finding a light socket
It is stamped as a 12V 10W bulb. The base appears to be about 9/16" or 14mm in diameter, and is the type with pins on opposing sides, where you push it down into the socket and give it a quarter turn to lock it in place. Essentially it is a smaller version of the bulbs used in the stock turn signals.

1981 KZ1000-JK1
She's a beautiful mess, and I've made her all mine

More
11 Jan 2014 10:48 #618233 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Help finding a light socket
That would be a "Bayonet" type socket. Sounds like a specialty item. Have you tried the auto parts stores? Some have an extensive electrical dept.
Here's a place to try: www.easternbeaver.com if they don't have what you need, maybe they know who can get the sockets for you.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)