Starter motor trouble

More
23 Oct 2013 01:48 #610900 by telecaster
Starter motor trouble was created by telecaster
Hi everybody, I have a 1977 kz650b1 and I am at loss. Starter motor is not turning the motor over. I have an original shop manual and I have done all the test that are in it. The starter motor is the original(mitsuba sm-224d 0.5kw). For the moment, I have bypass the starter lock out switch because it is defective. I have done all of the test in the shop manual and still the starter doesn't turn: starter relay tested ok, carbon brush lenght ok, spring snapping the carbon brush ok, I cleaned the commutator, measured the resistance between segments ok, between commutator and the shaft ok, field coil tested ok. I have tried to put direct current from the battery to the starter(bypassing the relay) and I only got some blue sparks on the terminal and electric sound from inside the starter but nothing is turning. I believe there is a short somewhere but I don't know where to look at, any suggestion would be greatly appreciated !

1977 kz650 b1
1975 honda mt 250(in pieces)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Oct 2013 09:38 #610912 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic Starter motor trouble

Rendering Error in layout Message/Item: Kunena\Forum\Libraries\BBCode\KunenaBBCodeLibrary::renderEbayLayout(): Argument #1 ($ItemID) must be of type int, string given, called in /home/kzride5/public_html/libraries/kunena/src/BBCode/KunenaBBCode.php on line 314. Please enable debug mode for more information.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.