kz650 wont turn over

More
28 Sep 2013 00:52 #608086 by NickMac
kz650 wont turn over was created by NickMac
I rebuilt my harness according to the barebones diagrams on this site and now the bike wont turn over. I have gone through and checked all connections and everything appears to be correct so Im at a loss. Im using the same Dyna S unit the bike had before I decided I was smart enough to fix a perfectly functional bike.

The biggest clue is when static timing, my timing light stays on regardless of crank position, but I have no idea how to interpret that. I had this same problem when timing 2/3 on initial installation and Dynatec replaced my Dyna S unit.

Here are some of my reading I have gotten:

12.5V at the battery
12.3V at the coils
4.2 Ohms primary coils (stock coils)
I did the continuity test per Dyna instructions and am getting nothing out of ordinary as far as plate to wire continuity.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
28 Sep 2013 10:33 #608104 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic kz650 wont turn over
There is some help on the Dyna website. See if it helps. You need a pdf file reader like Adobe Acrobat to open the files.
www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support...Manuals/DynaSTSG.pdf
www.powercommander.com/downloads/Support...anuals/DS2-1_2-2.pdf

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.