stop lamp

More
24 Sep 2013 01:42 #607529 by 808rob
stop lamp was created by 808rob
Im three weeks in owning my first bike. 79kz1 Ltd. I was headed home from work and the stop lamp comes on.
oil level looks fine. I dnt know if its normal but my break light is always on but it does get brighter when I use the lever and same with pedal. Any ideas? Maybe I should add a lil bit more oil. Thanx guys

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Sep 2013 09:07 - 24 Sep 2013 09:09 #607558 by 650ed
Replied by 650ed on topic stop lamp
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What the heck are you talking about? Do you really believe the brake light comes on if the oil level isn't correct, or are you just trying to put one over on us? Does the horn beep when the tire air pressure is low? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Ed

1977 KZ650-C1 Original Owner - Stock (with additional invisible FIAMM horn)
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 09:09 by 650ed.

More
24 Sep 2013 10:19 - 24 Sep 2013 10:27 #607572 by martin_csr
Replied by martin_csr on topic stop lamp
Try checking or replacing the tail light bulb. If the brake indicator light is always on, it may be that the tail light bulb is bad - the bike has an outage indicator switch that illuminates the indicator light when something is amiss w the brake light circuit... pretty sure. It could be a problem w the brake light circuit, but the tail light bulb is the simplest check.

As for the engine oil light, not sure, but I would guess that it has a separate warning light from the brake indicator. The engine oil light should illuminate when you turn the ignition switch to ON, then go out when you start the bike.

The owner's manual should have info about the instrument cluster warning-indicator lights.

PS: if you mean the tail light is always on then gets brighter when you apply the brakes, then the problem isn't the bulb.
Last edit: 24 Sep 2013 10:27 by martin_csr.

More
24 Sep 2013 13:38 #607598 by 808rob
Replied by 808rob on topic stop lamp
Haahaha yea glad u caught that one. But I took a better look and I got a bad switch. Thanx