New rear blinkers...Finally....

More
11 Sep 2013 09:58 #605985 by Shdwdrgn
Replied by Shdwdrgn on topic New rear blinkers...Finally....
Maybe then I should stick with my original plan... leave the bulb in place for the blinker portion, and add some LEDs just for the function of running lights. The running lights are most important at night anyway, and there is room to tuck the LEDs in next to the bulb.

1981 KZ1000-JK1
She's a beautiful mess, and I've made her all mine

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Sep 2013 21:43 #606722 by BubbaZ1982
Replied by BubbaZ1982 on topic New rear blinkers...Finally....
Well, if the state of Ga wants to write me up, they better get to work on all the guys with integrated taillights...Until then, I'll keep on enjoying the new and updated look of my bike thats older than me!
Attachments:

More
16 Sep 2013 21:55 #606723 by Hawaii_Z1R
Replied by Hawaii_Z1R on topic New rear blinkers...Finally....
I am flat amazed by the stuff I see on the road in TN....no safety check, and I see all sorts of bikes with zero signals, even a lot of the sport bike crowd running with no plate. Your bike would be impounded immediately for that in Hawaii. I did just put a tidy tail on my CBR, but I kept the stock turn signals on it. They look pretty decent. It did come with an LED plate light which seems way brighter than the little stock plate light.

1978 Z1R
1976 KZ900
2017 Versys 300X
2021 CT125

More
16 Sep 2013 22:03 #606725 by BubbaZ1982
back in my " sportbike days" I seen plenty of full on racebikes on the road, no lights, signals, plates NOTHING. My bike was a racebike on the inside, but at least it did look roadlegal on the outside, but I did change to the same little cateye rear blinkers and flushmounts on the front. But my best bud was a Master suzuki mechanic at a Suzuki shop so underneath the plastic, WATCH OUT!!

More
16 Sep 2013 22:09 #606727 by BubbaZ1982
My last bike, which I sold in 2006 to get my " debt to income" ratio low enough to get a house. 1 more year and it woulda been mine. Whats $140 a month?????
Attachments:

More
17 Sep 2013 02:27 - 17 Sep 2013 02:33 #606749 by bountyhunter
Replied by bountyhunter on topic New rear blinkers...Finally....

BubbaZ1982 wrote: Well, if the state of Ga wants to write me up, they better get to work on all the guys with integrated taillights...Until then, I'll keep on enjoying the new and updated look of my bike thats older than me!

Point is if you have to transfer a title at DMV and they inspect the bike, it would fail because it doesn't meet standard. I don't know what Ga does, I just post the law so people know the law and can make their own informed choices and not get burned later. Imagine how pissed somebody would be to spend a bunch of money and time installing an aftermarket light to have to tear it out and find the stock parts again. If your state doesn't enforce, take your chances.

1979 KZ-750 Twin
Last edit: 17 Sep 2013 02:33 by bountyhunter.