Starter Motor

More
27 Aug 2013 09:09 #603308 by Tigerbob800
Starter Motor was created by Tigerbob800
Hi All

New to this forum. My name is Mark I have just got a 1981 KZ 750 E got it as non runner electrics melted. I have stripped them back and have got the engine running but I don't have ignition lights apart from main beam any advice would be grateful. Also does the starter stay engaged when the engine is running?

Hope someone can help thanks in advance Mark

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
27 Aug 2013 10:07 #603314 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Starter Motor
Welcome to KZR! Got any pictures of your bike?
If you go here, www.kzrider.com/filebase/doc_download/294-z750e2 there is a wiring diagram for your bike.
As for the starter, No it should not stay engaged once you let go of the Start Button.
Of course check all fuses, with either a test light or better yet a Volt Meter. Looking at those glass fuses will fool you, they can look fine but be defective.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
27 Aug 2013 15:00 #603344 by Tigerbob800
Replied by Tigerbob800 on topic Starter Motor
Thanks very much the diagram will a lot seems like its the wires for the lights that have melted I will splice in new wires hopefully this will fix it

Not sure I've done this right if I have there should be a picture of my bike