Z1 Gauge Restoreation and expirence

• Z1Driver
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • love the smell of triple smoke
More
11 Aug 2013 16:42 #600868 by Z1Driver
Z1 Gauge Restoreation and expirence was created by Z1Driver
Over the winter I had my gauges restored by Z-Resto. They did a great job and it was nice having restored 37 year gauges that looked like they should have back in the day.

The gauges ran perfect. No needle wiggle and indicated speed seemed to be right on or very close to it.

But then it rained on the bike (this happens in the PNW)and I found the TAC had it's very own thunderstorm going on under the glass with what appeared to be a lot of water. I dried out with a lamp directed on it over night.

I contacted Z-Resto and they said send it back no problem, they would cover it. This was far from the fact. They decided my TAC was restored by them 3 years ago and not over this last winter. It took in y opinion a lot of e-mails to convince them of this fact. I was about ready to hop on my big bike and go on a cross country trip to rescue my TAC. In the end I spent another $45.00 which was less already less than the shipping to send it to them to cover parts again which was already new parts to make a tighter seal, they covered the labor. I feel they should have covered the whole thing but I was done arguing and paid for the new parts they used because I need the TAC back.

I felt taken to the cleaners and hope I don't have to deal with them again. Z-Resto did a nice job and I was happy with the work until the TAC leaked. Granted I did wait until the bike could be down for a week or two which was a month or so from my first e-mail until to I shipped it back.

Be aware if you use ZResto things are great until something needs to go back them. Unfortunately I don't know of anyone else who does this kind of work. And it is nice not having faded gauge faces. Before this evolution occurred I would have given a very strong recommendation to ZResto but now the best I can do is lukewarm.

Blue 1975 Z1B
Red 2009 Concours 14

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.