checking a 1980 kz1000 ltd out

More
25 Jun 2013 00:19 #593814 by wolfey
checking a 1980 kz1000 ltd out was created by wolfey
im been lurking for a few days on ur forum and its full of great info. what is the procedure for checking the ignition system the bikes been sitting for awhile i had spark but erratic them nothing were do i start

building something is better then just buying someone elses blood sweat and tears

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jun 2013 00:37 #593816 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic checking a 1980 kz1000 ltd out

wolfey wrote: im been lurking for a few days on ur forum and its full of great info. what is the procedure for checking the ignition system the bikes been sitting for awhile i had spark but erratic them nothing were do i start

Hello, wolfey, and WELCOME to KZr! :cheer:

Could begin by checking whether the ignition coils are receiving full battery voltage with the ignition switched "ON."

When the ignition is switched "ON," both ignition coils are supposed to be receiving full battery voltage.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: trianglelaguna

More
05 Jul 2013 23:29 #595241 by wolfey
Replied by wolfey on topic checking a 1980 kz1000 ltd out
ok i found the problem a broken wire in the kill switch and bypassed it so my bike ran and every thing else is checking out fine except the swing arm so it off to a good start now thanks for the help patton the wiring diagrams help alot

building something is better then just buying someone elses blood sweat and tears