FI GPz cutting out???

More
23 Jun 2013 15:55 - 23 Jun 2013 16:05 #593604 by Flyboy
Replied by Flyboy on topic FI GPz cutting out???
Yeah, Flyndrive, we do tend to over think the problem and overlook the basic stuff, and dive in the deep end first without checking the simple stuff first.
I will be sure to check the basic (read, cheap)stuff first, tank breather included.

There is something otherworldy about experiencing the sound of an air cooled inline four redlined while heeled over at 35 degrees from horizontal, with the slipping rear tire violently trying to shake you from your perch atop the slewing beast..
Last edit: 23 Jun 2013 16:05 by Flyboy.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Jun 2013 16:00 #593605 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic FI GPz cutting out???
Fuel pump pressure on the 1981 and 1982 GPz 1100's were 33 PSI at idle, going to 35 PSI when the air flap in the airfilter box was moved, or the TPS was moved.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Flyboy

More
23 Jun 2013 16:25 #593614 by Flyboy
Thanks MFolks, I will hook up a fuel pressure gauge before I take it for a run and try and make it break down, and see what story it tells.
Thanks so much to everyone so far for all the useful information, it is a gold mine of information, and I am very grateful.

There is something otherworldy about experiencing the sound of an air cooled inline four redlined while heeled over at 35 degrees from horizontal, with the slipping rear tire violently trying to shake you from your perch atop the slewing beast..

More
24 Jun 2013 03:32 #593700 by steell
Replied by steell on topic FI GPz cutting out???

Flyboy wrote: Hey Steell, not with you, not sure what you mean???

The guy that sent you here (George) sent me an e-mail that was word for word your post. So I thought you were him. He sent another e-mail clarifying my confusion.

Simple case of mistaken identity :blush:

KD9JUR

More
24 Jun 2013 07:07 #593702 by Flyboy
Hahahahaha, yes, I know George from the GSR, put the same question to him, knowing he was a Kawa guy, thought he might know offhand, he said he had a buddy that was clued up on Kwackers and would drop him a mail, if anyone would know he would.