Loose connection between lock cylinder and ignitio

More
02 Jun 2013 12:50 #590439 by Calico
So there have been issues with my lock cylinder before (won't lock the handlebars) But then it wouldn't switch the lights on. I have a parts bike but before replacement, I thought that I'd try cleaning it out. I've been cleaning out the lock cylinder with carb cleaner, wd40 and compressed air. All kinds of filth have been coming out but I can't get the steering lock to drop.
But the important issue: The fitting from lock cylinder to ignition switch has too much slack. There doesn't appear to be any signs of wear on either end, just too large of an insert on the ignition switch end. I've been pounding my head against the wall as to what I could put in there to take up room that wouldn't squeeze out and later jam up some works. I was considering using scillicone and waiting for it to dry before reassembly but I thought that I'd ask you guys first to see if anyone has had this issue before. Thanks in advance

81' KZ750LTD 4 CYL
82' KZ750LTD 4 CYL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Jun 2013 11:09 #591199 by Calico
Nevermind guys. Turns out that the lock cylinder wasn't rotating enough, it's busted. Replaced it.

81' KZ750LTD 4 CYL
82' KZ750LTD 4 CYL

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.