Turn signal issue/changing gauges

More
11 May 2013 09:24 #586836 by Webb
Turn signal issue/changing gauges was created by Webb
Hi,

I have recently bought another speedo/gauge for my '81 kz650, a more minimalist speedo with only 4 small warning bulbs.

Each warning bulb (oil, neutral, beam and flashers) have their own + and - wire.

But here comes the problem; the bike is born with dual turn signal indicators (left/right) and the new gauge have only one indicator light. If I connect the left and right turn signal wires directly to the gauge, the whole thing will bypass and all 4 flashers will go off at once.

Take 2; I've fitted a wire from flasher relay to the new gauge, and it works like a charm. Turn the switch left or right, the correct flashers work on each side and the gauge-indicator flashes...

... but turn the signals off, and the gauge-indicator keeps glowing, with a constant light, instead of turning off?! Grrr... :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 May 2013 14:16 #586875 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic Turn signal issue/changing gauges
Find a forum member named "Loudhvx", and ask his advice. I think having a small blocking Diode will let you use one turn signal indicator with out having to do confusing wiring. The Diode acts like a one way valve, preventing current flowing to places not needed.

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Webb

More
11 May 2013 15:44 #586879 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic Turn signal issue/changing gauges
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Webb