Speedo, Tach, ignition help

More
07 Mar 2013 18:43 #575844 by tomekzski
Speedo, Tach, ignition help was created by tomekzski
Hey, So this is the first time im doing actually wiring for a bike. Only wiring ive ever done is subwoofers and radio in a car..lol, anyways, I have this new speedo tach set, never came with a wiring diagram (came like that from previous owner) and the clip on handlebars wont let me install the old tach and speedo cuz they are in the way(again previous owner) I do have the wiring diagram in the manual, but it doesnt really help much because the colors on the speedo of the wires are sort of..well..different then the ones that are on the bike. To be honest I have no idea which set of wires of the bike, go where...and it is really kicking my a**. ALso i bought a new ignition. There is an extra brown wire..where does that connect to? I really wanna get this done before it is warmer out. I am from chicago and am ready to finally ride!!! Just need to get this done. Also I will need carb and throttle help but that will be in a totally different thread. any ideas on how to get this wired please let me know..once i get the speedo and tach and ignition done, the headlight will not be a problem for me... thanks!!! :) Also where can i get brackets like the one i have for the speedo/tach. only have one..

1982 Honda cm250 c *cafe* -sold
1979 Honda cb650 *stock* -sold
1990 Kawasaki zx600r -sold
1980 Kawasaki kz750 LTD *Cafe*
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Mar 2013 13:44 #575972 by baldy110
Replied by baldy110 on topic Speedo, Tach, ignition help
Your manuel should have that brown wire your talking about and show you where it goes. As far as the gauge wiring I would find out who makes the gauge and get hold of them. You might get lucky and they have a website. If you cannot find any info on the gauge set it's harder not impossible but a lot harder. I have taken gauges apart and follow the wires to see where they go then write up my own wiring diagram.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.