Need opinion on Wiring Diagram

More
25 Jan 2013 10:49 #569184 by MtStateMike
Replied by MtStateMike on topic Need opinion on Wiring Diagram
Yeah, I noticed this morning it did not come out as well when I changed it to a Jpeg. I have a PDF version that is much better. Will try to attach it but it I can't I can email it if anyone wants to look at it.

92 KZ1000p
Lumberport, WV

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
25 Jan 2013 10:57 #569189 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Need opinion on Wiring Diagram
Might find it hard to post the pdf, I'd download a free screen capture software. Then you can capture the screen or a section of it. It can save it as a jpeg or other format, which is easy to post. Plus you can open it in Paint and add to it, or change it easily.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...

More
25 Jan 2013 11:04 #569190 by MtStateMike
Tried again to upload it. See if this is any better. If not like I said I can email it at an attachment in the PDF version, which is very good quality.

Attachment kz1000pWiringDiagram.png not found

92 KZ1000p
Lumberport, WV
Attachments:

• Motor Head
  • User
More
25 Jan 2013 11:07 - 25 Jan 2013 11:16 #569191 by Motor Head
Much better. Do you also have the Factory Police diagram? Ignition switch contacts, there is a box at the bottom that shows the contacts of the switch in different positions and the wire colors Stock.
Blew it up a bit more.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 11:16 by Motor Head.

More
25 Jan 2013 11:09 - 25 Jan 2013 11:12 #569193 by MtStateMike
Yes, I have the wiring diagram. That was how I made this one without all the wiring for the Police lights, siren, etc.

What I can't figure out is why I can't get an power out of the Blue and Red wires coming from the ignition. I can't find where it has any other leads into the battery from those two wires. I have checked and double checked.

92 KZ1000p
Lumberport, WV
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 11:12 by MtStateMike. Reason: Added more info

• Motor Head
  • User
More
25 Jan 2013 11:20 - 25 Jan 2013 11:43 #569194 by Motor Head
Does your diagram show the Switch contacts in a Box at the bottom of the diagram? The one I posted does not. :(

Ok did some research, found other models which take the same Ignition switch and found a diagram with the contact info.

The Blue, Tail light 1 wire comes off of the fuse panel, through the factory lighting switch, then to the ignition switch, then with that contact closed in Position 1 will supply power out to the red. So you need a input To the Ignition Switch on the blue to have power out on the Red.

Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2013 11:43 by Motor Head.

More
25 Jan 2013 18:54 #569257 by MtStateMike
awesome. thanks for the research. atleast that tells me why i wasn't getting power out of it. thanks again.

i actually got everything hooked up by running my tail & headlight off the blue coming out of the fuse box. turn signals, brake light and illumination lights off the brown out of the fuse box. got it all hooked up and tried the starter. It turned over, so all is good right now. going to pull the wires out now and put a cover on it as a complete harness.

92 KZ1000p
Lumberport, WV

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
25 Jan 2013 20:11 #569267 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic Need opinion on Wiring Diagram
Id eliminate kill switch and wire headlight into ignition accessory side so it comes on with key,I like to make it obvious as possible that Im coming down the street and the headlight helps even during the day

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

More
02 Feb 2013 18:30 #570431 by Gabe42
Replied by Gabe42 on topic Need opinion on Wiring Diagram
I have heard that these bikes can wired and ran off of two wires through the whole bike. Does anybody know how to do this? And what are the pros and cons to doing so?

More
02 Feb 2013 21:54 #570456 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic Need opinion on Wiring Diagram

Gabe42 wrote: I have heard that these bikes can wired and ran off of two wires through the whole bike. Does anybody know how to do this? And what are the pros and cons to doing so?

Is there a prize for correctly guessing who this was heard from? :lol:

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD