stator or spark plugs?

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2012 17:48 #558508 by donthaveakawman
stator or spark plugs? was created by donthaveakawman
When i was riding my kz750 h1 last night after about an hour and a half, i decided it was getting cold and time to head home.
I was a little concerned about the operating temperature of the engine, so i reached down and put my gloved hand near the block. Luke warm, so i downshifted and put my gloved hand(thinsulate gloves) on the block, and i am pretty sure there was a good bunch of electricity going through my hand(my inexperience would tell me it was ac not dc). I got home turned it off and cleaned up the ground wire and oiled the spark plug rotor springs. Now what? :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Nov 2012 21:16 #558540 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic stator or spark plugs?
Would suspect high tension leakage, and consider new spark plug wires. Such as the Dyna solid core version listed at Z1 Enterprises.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
15 Nov 2012 22:21 - 15 Nov 2012 22:22 #558553 by donthaveakawman
Replied by donthaveakawman on topic stator or spark plugs?
yes, I know those are crappy, i replaced them last year when i got zapped on the clutch handle. now it appears when i touched the cooling fins on the cylinder block underneath the cylinder head i got zapped. on the left side above the charging deal.
Last edit: 15 Nov 2012 22:22 by donthaveakawman.

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2012 06:17 #558604 by donthaveakawman
Maybe it is the rectifier or maybe i am imagining it, and it's actually is " The Carpal Tunnel Syndrome" (with an echo for effect)

• donthaveakawman
  • Topic Author
  • Visitor
16 Nov 2012 17:31 #558682 by donthaveakawman
went out yesterday again, but first i checked the voltage it was just under 15v at the battery while running. hmm.