DYNA S power wire getting hot HELP!!

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
20 Sep 2012 02:01 #549812 by peavylotus
DYNA S power wire getting hot HELP!! was created by peavylotus
I get hot blue spark when I hook the power wire for the DYNA and Coils to the positive battery terminal. Sparking when turned over. Loudhvx's barebones diagram for KZ1000 Dyna S says the white/red wire coming out of the regulator/rectifier goes to the battery and the brown wire meets up with a wire coming off the positive terminal with separation of a ignition switch. I am using the stock size wiring but is it simply to small of wire and too much draw or am I completely wrong? or is the wire supposed to heat up a bit. It doesn't get too hot to touch. NEED HELP TO HEAR THE BEAST RUN!

Attachment 77kz1000bareBonesForSnerff-aae64d06473c85b83a9a7e0d24667f59.GIF not found

1980 KZ 1045 LTD Currently Workin' It Out
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
20 Sep 2012 03:36 #549815 by peavylotus
Replied by peavylotus on topic DYNA S power wire getting hot HELP!!
NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fixed it and it runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I did nothing to fix it just let the wire warm up to see how bad it got. The problem is the wire is too small of a guage and is drawing juice for both coils and the DYNA S. IF you have this problem just get a bigger wire!

More
20 Sep 2012 10:09 #549845 by kzz1king
Replied by kzz1king on topic DYNA S power wire getting hot HELP!!

peavylotus wrote: NEVERMIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I fixed it and it runs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I did nothing to fix it just let the wire warm up to see how bad it got. The problem is the wire is too small of a guage and is drawing juice for both coils and the DYNA S. IF you have this problem just get a bigger wire!

Yep, or do the coil/relay mod. So how does it run?
Wayne

74 Z1 1075, 29 smoothbores, owned and ridden since 1976
Home built KZ1000 turbo setup

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532476...s-budget-turbo-build

www.kzrider.com/forum/11-projects/532489-74-z-makeover

• peavylotus
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Movin on up
More
21 Sep 2012 03:56 - 21 Sep 2012 03:58 #550022 by peavylotus
Replied by peavylotus on topic DYNA S power wire getting hot HELP!!
It runs ugly to be frank...I havent adjusted the carbs yet and the color of the exhaust wrap only changed on three cylinders. So my number 3 cylinder isnt fireing. But ill work out the kinks. When I finish my power box I'm made for the bike. (A battery and regulator/rectifier in a old computer power supply box with a cooling fan and a on off switch)

Last edit: 21 Sep 2012 03:58 by peavylotus. Reason: typo