What wiring can go?

• petesmith999
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 Aug 2012 11:15 #543256 by petesmith999
What wiring can go? was created by petesmith999
Hi all, what a great forum this is, I've already sorted loads of problems thanks to all on here. Today I fitted a DynaS ignition as my poor old LTD 750's pick ups were shot. All went well and she's running again. Now this is a bobber project so I am looking at removing the indicators and all the wiring as well as anything else unused. Most of its corroded anyway. What I wondered is can I now remove the igniter as the DynaS bypasses it, and are there any other bits I can lose, or is it easier to rewire? Has anyone done a rewire with just the basics, lights,horn,starter etc? Any tips appreciated.
Cheers
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wireman
  • User
  • The most interesting prick in the world
More
18 Aug 2012 13:27 #543264 by wireman
Replied by wireman on topic What wiring can go?
Its pretty simple just remove whats not hooked to anything after you get it running.
sounds like you just need a charging system/headlight/tail light and a brake light,ditching handlebar stuff cuts lots of wiring out of system B)

posting from deep under a non-descript barn in an undisclosed location southwest of Omaha.

• petesmith999
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
18 Aug 2012 15:01 #543271 by petesmith999
Replied by petesmith999 on topic What wiring can go?
Thanks wireman, that's what I thought, just remove a bit at a time and check everything still works. Did a car years ago but this is my first bike build, had loads but never built a whole one.looks like there's lots not needed.
:)

More
18 Aug 2012 17:56 - 18 Aug 2012 17:57 #543297 by Patton
Replied by Patton on topic What wiring can go?

petesmith999 wrote: ...fitted a DynaS ignition as my poor old LTD 750's pick ups were shot...can I now remove the igniter as the DynaS bypasses it....

The stock ignition coils probably have lower resistance than the 3 ohms needed by the Dyna-S ignition, which lower resistance could result in parts failure.

Yes, the igniter may now be removed as it is no longer needed with the Dyna-S ignition.

Good Fortune! :)

1973 Z1
KZ900 LTD
Last edit: 18 Aug 2012 17:57 by Patton.