unidentified reqular wires.

• BINJIEU
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Always leave 'em smiling!
More
07 Jun 2012 12:52 #527472 by BINJIEU
unidentified reqular wires. was created by BINJIEU
Hi all. took me almost three years, but FINALLY found charging system in a local motorcycle bone yard for my 77 KZ 650 uprade. Went from induced voltage to permanent magnet system supposedly out of a 79 750. The regulator was out of a box full of old regulator and is as follows; three white leads, a black and a red lead, (obviously stator leads and battery connections) and another pigtail with a smaller guage black, brown, and green lead. I know one is supposed to go to the ignition sensing wire to control reg. output, but the other two I'm unsure of. can anybody ID the leads for me. Bike running great, but don't want to fry wiring or cook new battery.

77 KZ650 w/ Dyna S ignition and stock coils
81 BMW r65
91 BMW k100rs 4v
Lakeland, FL.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2012 12:47 #527646 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic unidentified reqular wires.
The regulator/rectifier combo for a 79 permanent magnet charging system will have 4 wires. Two yellow, a black, and a red/white. Anything with a green wire is not for that system, or for a different make of bike.

• BINJIEU
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Always leave 'em smiling!
More
08 Jun 2012 16:55 #527668 by BINJIEU
Replied by BINJIEU on topic unidentified reqular wires.
Problem is I have a three phase stator. Contacted Rick's Motor Sports, and they quoted me for a universal reg./ rect. permanent magnet rotor. At 120.00 each, I sure hope this works. Thanks for the reply.

77 KZ650 w/ Dyna S ignition and stock coils
81 BMW r65
91 BMW k100rs 4v
Lakeland, FL.