no charge

More
22 May 2012 00:07 #523939 by at20
no charge was created by at20
well i had an issue with the battery and the posts where switched i wasnt paying attention and pluged it up wrong and i fried a few wires mainly the white and black one from the rectifier. i cut out all the bad wires from the harness and changed all the burnt ones plugged the battery up the correct way and went for a ride but after 2 blocks i grabbed the clutch and stalled. i jump started it and was rolling again but died a few blocks back. i got a new battery and ran a test with the rectifier and the voltage regulator and they show the same voltage when the bike runs but my voltage doesnt increase when i give it gas. is that a sign that the stator is bad

1976 kz400

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2012 00:13 #523943 by MFolks
Replied by MFolks on topic no charge

1982 GPZ1100 B2
General Dynamics/Convair 1983-1993
GLCM BGM-109 Tomahawk, AGM-129A Advanced Cruise Missile (ACM)

More
10 Jun 2012 17:25 #528002 by at20
Replied by at20 on topic no charge
well i followed the falut finding chart and all signs points to the stator.

now the new problem i order a stator and installed it with anothe new battery but after doing the test again from the fault finding chart it still points back to the stator. i have no idea why. one thing i did notice is that well when i connected a MM to the battery with the bike off my b attery starts to drain fast but when i unplug the 3 yellow wired plug coming from the stator the MM shows my battery charging back up on its own. i have know idea why this happening .

any help ideas????????? :( :( :(

1976 kz400