Blinker problem!

More
15 May 2012 19:17 #522564 by adr3naline
Blinker problem! was created by adr3naline
I have a 79 kz650.

My right turn signal works fine. My left, however, goes dark in the front and solid in the back, but the marker lights are on fine with no blinker. I'm wondering what I should look too for troubleshooting this. I'm not so great with electrical, but I'm learning. I have a multimeter to help test.

Thanks for your help!

adr3naline
1979 KZ650sr
1979 CB650

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Motor Head
  • User
  • FIX UP YOUR BIKE RIGHT AND CHEAP
More
16 May 2012 09:53 - 16 May 2012 09:56 #522665 by Motor Head
Replied by Motor Head on topic Blinker problem!
You need the bulbs to be good and correct, good contact in the sockets. The Flasher relay requires the Load from the bulbs to work. So if the Marker light works, but the turn doesn't on any socket, start with that location. Pull the lens and check the bulb, and socket for both a good set of filaments and any corrosion.
Then you could have an issue where the connectors plug in, or possibly a bad or missing ground at that socket. "File Base" at the top right corner of the page, should have a wiring diagram for your bike. Remember it takes both the wiring bring voltage from the power circuit and a ground to operate.

1982 KZ1000LTD K2 Vance & Hines 4-1 ACCEL COILS Added Vetter fairing & Bags. FOX Racing rear Shocks, Braced Swing-arm, Fork Brace, Progressive Fork Springs RT Gold Emulators, APE Valve Springs, 1166 Big Bore kit, RS34's, GPZ cams.
1980 KZ550LTD C1 Stock SOLD Miss it
1979 MAZDA RX7 in the works, 13B...
Last edit: 16 May 2012 09:56 by Motor Head.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.