750 twinn spark

More
08 May 2012 09:06 #520675 by aeguy1699
750 twinn spark was created by aeguy1699
I was wondering if any body out there has seen a 1980 kz750 that only sparks one time when you turn the kill switch from the on to off position? Durring normal cranking I have no spark. it has a new coil, plugs point and condensor, I have redone all the wireing so i know the conections are good. And swapped out the kill switch. Is there a way to test to ignightor box? The bike ran fine then i went out to start is and have no spark. Any help is very helpful Thank you guys for the great site

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 May 2012 12:00 #520703 by loudhvx
Replied by loudhvx on topic 750 twinn spark
This indicates the points or ignitor box is conducting to ground all the time.

However, on a stock bike, you won't have points AND an ignitor box. You will only have one or the other.

More
08 May 2012 13:30 #520720 by steell
Replied by steell on topic 750 twinn spark
The wire between the points and the coil is shorted to ground, ether between the points and the coil or at the points. Perhaps you didn't get the points screw tight and they moved to the point where they're closed all the time.

KD9JUR

More
08 May 2012 14:56 #520736 by aeguy1699
Replied by aeguy1699 on topic 750 twinn spark
awsome thanks guys I was about to kick the bike to the curb. You were right the blue wire running to from the coil to the point was lose at the point i tightend it up and got my spark back thanks so much