LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
  • Now with 99% more ducks
More
24 Apr 2012 00:27 #517683 by Killman
LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!! was created by Killman
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configurationHey guys, just wondering if this solid state flasher will let my integrated tail light blink like something not having an epileptic seizure.

Or do I need something with a ground wire? If anyone has a less expensive unit. please let me know.

I don't want to run load resistors, too much of a pain in the a$$ messing with heat sinks etc. Kinda defeats the whole power-saving benefit too.

Thanks

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 Apr 2012 02:10 #517711 by damarble
Replied by damarble on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
I just went into O'Rielly's and compared my stocker with what was on the shelf, got the electronic one that had the exact same shape body and terminals. $10.

Go green, buy a Kawasaki!

82 KZ750M CSR Build Thread

89 ZX600C Streetfighter

More
30 Apr 2012 23:49 #518947 by sft1662
Replied by sft1662 on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
No eBay APP ID and/or Cert ID defined in Kunena configuration

I just got those in the mail. Straight from China, only took about a week. They smell like death for some reason but installed them on both flashers and they work.

1978 KZ650 B2A

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 May 2012 02:44 #518979 by Killman
Replied by Killman on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
Smell like death as in burning electrical due to shoddy craftsmanship and leading to a bike-destroying electrical fire, or smell like death as in dirty contacts burning off residual goo?

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

More
01 May 2012 08:35 #519008 by Medina
Replied by Medina on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!

sft1662 wrote: Straight from China, only took about a week. They smell like death for some reason but installed them on both flashers and they work.

Thats what freedom smells like when it dies. Poor commie bastards.

BUT, I've ordered direct from an outfit called chinadirect, arrives fast and smells too, so the seed of capitalism has been planted and those leaders have no idea how quickly the last 2000 years are going to get tossed.
reason is they smell is they gas the containers

1981 KZ1100 Vetter "Luminous Navy Blue" DAMN YOU COLOR CODES!
Medina, Oh
My Bike Thread
www.kzrider.com/forum/10-new-members/469298-from-ohio

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
01 May 2012 09:42 #519021 by Killman
I'm sorry Medina, but I'm not sure if you're referring to the Holocaust or The Golden Compass.

What exactly is getting gassed? And why does it smell? More importantly, is it going to result in my ride being damaged, haunted or sued for some kind of Hollywood likeness rights?
Because I'm having enough problems trying to find the means to strip and paint this thing without having to deal with zombie a$$holes in expensive suits screwing with what little understanding of a rebuild I've managed to cobble together so far.

More to the point, will whatever the stink is die before the stench from the sealant on my header wrap? And NOT lead to some catastrophic system failure?

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

• Killman
  • Topic Author
  • User
More
03 May 2012 17:37 #519627 by Killman
SO will ANY 12v LED relay run both my integrated tailight blinkers AND my incandescent turn signals simultaneously?
Or should I assume that anything that says LED with no other info just works for LED?

1983 kz440 ltd
Quack

More
06 May 2012 17:22 #520253 by sft1662
Replied by sft1662 on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
HA! Sorry I never checked this thread again. Smell like death as in nasty plastic that is most likely carcinogenic. They work fine though, just smell gross right from the package.

You want an electric signal relay as opposed to the stock ones that require a certain charge to build up. The new electrical ones like I linked before will work for both incandescent and led in any combination and they will blink at the same frequency regardless of whether your battery is dying or your rpms go up and down (this can cause the normal ones to blink faster/slower depending on power going to them).

1978 KZ650 B2A

• leotinius
  • Visitor
13 May 2012 23:41 #522192 by leotinius
Replied by leotinius on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
Im doing work and I want to know is it safe to put those over a circuit board without them over heating or breaking something on the circuit board

led strip blue
LED Panel Light manufacturer
12v led strip

• BikeDude2002
  • User
  • Today is a good day to ride...
More
14 May 2012 00:29 #522199 by BikeDude2002
Replied by BikeDude2002 on topic LED Guru powers ACTIVATE!!
All,

Electronic LED compatible flashers are available at www.cwswiring.com They will accommodate any combination of LED's and incandescent bulbs up to a total of 10 amps. :woohoo:

BikeDude2002

78 KZ650 SR
90 Yamaha Radian